As part of our continued effort to ensure that Product Advertising API is an efficient and effective advertising tool, we have identified opportunities to streamline the API. Certain operations and response groups currently supported are infrequently used or are not aligned with the primary purpose of the Product Advertising API, which is to enable Associates to make money by advertising Amazon products in their websites and applications and sending traffic back to Amazon.
The changes, described below, will help us continue to provide you with relevant and useful features to advertise Amazon products. The following changes to the API will take effect on October 26, 2011:
- Associate Tag will be a required and verified input parameter in all requests to the API
- SellerLookup, SellerListingLookup and SellerListingSearch operations will no longer be supported by the API
- ItemPage parameter will be limited to a maximum of 10 pages for ItemSearch results
- MerchantId parameter will no longer be supported for filtering offers, variations and search results
- Data returned by the Offers and ItemAttributes response groups will be limited to the most frequently used attributes
The new Product Advertising API interface definition (WSDL) is now available. While your application may continue to operate after October 26, 2011 using older WSDLs, we will stop supporting all previous versions on February 22, 2012. Please upgrade to the latest WSDL before that date to ensure the continued operation of your application.
For more details about these changes, please click here.
The Product Advertising API Team